Tri-City Thunder had such a great time hosting the inaugural Mac and Cheese Cook Off last year, they’ve brought it back for another round!
Come and try up to 20 versions of macaroni and cheese, indulge in sweet treats and test your luck in our raffles, all while supporting your local roller derby travel team!
Tri-City Roller Derby is a not for profit sports league and all of the skaters pay to play! Help them out a little, while having fun and filling your belly!
Did we mention prizes? THERE ARE PRIZES!
Is your Mac and Cheese better than the rest? Spicier, cheesier, stuffed in a sandwich or baked on a crust?!
Bring us something amazing and see how you stack up!
SIGN UP HERE TO CONTRIBUTE A DISH
A VERY SPECIAL THANKS to Chainsaw for hosting us!
TCRDs Spring session of Roller Derby Foundations starts March 6!
Interested in roller derby? Inspired by the skaters you watch while track side? Wanna be your own hero? YOU CAN!
This class will teach you everything you need to join our roller derby family on skates and start participating in the fastest growing sport on the planet! No previous skills necessary!
Required Equiptment to participate:
Quad roller skates
As well as CRDi Insurance. Ask us about this!
Need gear, but don’t know where to start?
We will have Rumbling Rage Derby Shop visiting on February 26th from 12-230pm to get you all suited up!
Cost is $120 for a 12 week session.
Tickets to come!
Wear clothing that is comfortable to work out in, water bottle, snack for after and a towel. You will get sweaty!
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Spend 2 intensive days learning from a veteran roller derby All-Star!
This is a split level training camp geared towards skaters of all skill levels!
WFTDA and LOCO minimums accepted. This event is co-ed!
Newer and developing skaters will be training with JD in the morning with a focus on:
- skating and movement skills for derby and
- body mechanics for individual derby skills (such as footwork) for effective game play
More experienced skaters will be training with JD in the afternoon with a focus on:
- individual skills for derby (absorbing impact, individual hitting and tracking skills and offensive hitting skills) and
- Team Strategy for Derby (learn and develop offensive and defensive blocking/jamming strategy)
We encourage league trainers, team leaders, travel team skaters, and athletes looking to take their training to the next level, to sign up!
**EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS MARCH 20**
Space is limited! Register as early as you can, in order to ensure your spot!
Additionally, we will be offering a very limited number of spots to coaches who would like to shadow JD during the 2-day clinic!
Spectator tickets will also be available.
Coaches: Please select second date option from drop-down menu to purchase a coach ticket.
- Article: City served a helping of Vicious Dishes
- Cambridge Times, Sept 12, 2013
- Radio Interview: Hear Captain Lou El Bammo interview our own Freudian Whip about the D2 Tournament
- Derby Deeds Podcast Episode 165, Aug 31, 2013
- Photography: “Full Contact Roller Derby Championship”
- SNAP Kitchener/Waterloo, Aug, 2013
- Article: “Rolling into a new derby”
- The Cord, Mar 13, 2013
- Blog: “A Fresh Meat’s Journey to the Dishes”
- Necro Nancy, Jan 18, 2013
- Article: “Roller derby picks up speed”
- The Spoke, Oct 29, 2012
- Blog: “Pain with a side of fishnets”
- Jessica Rediker, October 15, 2012
- Article: “Collision Track: alternative culture meets sport”
- The Imprint, Sept 14, 2012
- Article: “Excitement follows as these girls get rolling”
- The Observer, July 14, 2011
- Photos: “Roller Derby’s Back in Ottawa” (TCRG’s travel team)
- Ottawa Sun, May 31, 2009
- Video: Home Town Hell Ya
- CTV Southwestern Ontario, September 2008